Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blogger Beta is Beta No More

Blogger Beta, now known as just Blogger, was released today. I have been using Beta here since I began blogging and can attest to its ease of use. Now if customization of templates and universality was just as good as Wordpress, Blogger might just have a good thing on their hands.

"The new version of Blogger is metaphorically bursting with features, from the big guns like drag-and-drop template editing and post labels (which are perfect, by the way, for indexing the 131 historical figures you may have written about), to little polishes like a better-designed Dashboard or that you no longer need to solve a word verification CAPTCHA to post a comment on your own blog."
Now I have experienced this personally but I think splogs are just too darn easy to make on Blogger or any free service. I have experienced this accidentally because I have 4 blogs on blogger and each gives me a link. Nothing is stopping anyone from creating 100, 200, 400... blogs all linking to one blog thereby increasing their SE ranking as well as their Technorati ranking. Now Google does have guards in their system to prevent against this but it makes me wonder how many publishers have boosted their clout using such techniques. Just an interesting thing to consider.
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: