Saturday, November 11, 2006

Indefinite Postponement

Despite my best attempts to get everything organized and ready for the as yet unannounced new project everything is not going to be ready in time. The reasons are multiple and new ones crop up everyday. Pushing the launch date back was mainly due to technical reasons.

First, the transition to Wordpress was not as simple and easy as I had hoped. It is like another language when compared to Blogger and is going to take some time to get used to. I also haven't had time to get a template for the site anywhere near done, although today I was able to make some progress with it. Secondly, I haven't finalized any advertising and revenue sources. Third, the documents I need to write for the launch of the sites aren't ready yet.

All of these factors have combined to make this new project a bit harder than I initially had planned. I am now going to aim for a live, fully functional site sometime in January. In the meantime I am going to begin to utilize some paid posting opportunities like Pay Per Post and Blogitive to supply funding for the new site. Also, I will continue to post daily or near-daily updates until the site is live at what point the blog will become a whole new animal!


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: