Thursday, November 23, 2006

A quick update...

Because of the holidays and a new baby I haven't been doing much "active blogging" the past few days but now that things are settling down I will be getting back into the swing of things soon enough. I have been doing some brainstorming during the break and came up with a mental plan of action to take in the near future. Here's the run down of ideas that have come to mind.

  1. Launch - Perhaps the most important time table and plan I came up with was a plan for launch. There are many different aspects to this plan but the pre-launch plan should go into effect this weekend. The plan is to announce the actual details of the project publicly for the first time this weekend. Once the plans are "in the open," we will direct visitors to the pre-launch sites. The sites will be at the same addresses as the end product but will be displaying only our about pages and jobs links as well as an introduction to what the site will be. These pages may be edited slightly before the actual live stage of the site but will more than likely remain unchanged.

  2. Bloggers - Although most of the information about my projects has and will remain secret until this weekend, one thing should be known, it is a multiple blogger project. By multiple I mean many. I have started preliminary advertising of the new positions by very non-descript forum posts but by next week I will begin actively advertising the positions on forums, to other bloggers, and on job message boards, including those specifically dedicated to blogging jobs. I am waiting on a few things before I begin advertising. The first is having an actual website to direct interested bloggers to. The second is the actual paperwork and payment systems I should have set up before anyone begins to work.

  3. Advertising - Active advertising will be starting in the next few weeks. Nothing definite is in line but I think I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I have some good marketing ideas in my head and I am going to begin the process of getting them ready this weekend along some more business related things. The advertising will likely be touting the concepts behind the companies as well as stating the release date. This advertising is a little "jumping the gun" but it will go a long was in establishing a name on the internet before we go live on June 1, 2007.

  4. Management - As it stands now I am the only so called "management" on board with the project right now. This is not due to lack of interest but rather lack of advertising on my part. I am going to try to run everything on my own for the most part for the simple reason of keeping costs down. Once revenue begins to build I will likely look into bringing some others on board with me but for now you can call me CEO and every other name in the business-book 0f acronyms with little-no meaning.
This is not an all inclusive list as much of the actual brainstorming was done with more specific information I can't really get into just yet but this should give everyone who is interested an idea about just what I've been up to.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: