I know us 'Blogger Users' lie somewhere on the outside of the blogging community with Wordpress dominating the blogging platform market. I will admit I have not fully explored blogger and I am a user of both platforms but great things still exist for those on blogger. Kip at wowimo will be posting 10 (+1) tips introducing people to the basics (and not so basics) of blogger. It will be a great set of posts to watch as blogger will be a huge driving force behind blogging groth because of its ease of use and drag and drop capabilities.
Here is a list of topics that will be covered by series of posts called 10 steps of blogger setup:
- Blogger Settings - which do you select and what do they mean?
- About Me - Using this page to your advantage and advanced tips.
- Finding a focus - what are you going to write about? Why?
- Posting How-To's - maximizing the impact of your posts.
- Creating a blogging schedule - figure out how much time you're willing to devote.
- Design and Layout - Google ads? Affiliate Programs? Links to other sites and blogs?
- Building a content base - Spend 2 or 3 months posting regularly to create a robust blog.
- Reaching out - getting other bloggers to start reading your blog.
- Feedburner or Feedblitz - setting up an email subscription to your posts.
- Submitting to Blog Directories - help Internet users find you.
- BONUS - advanced tips for hacking your blog.
Tags: blog, blogs, web log, web logs, blogger, blogging, tips, hints, hacks, wordpress, blog platforms